What’s New in 22.214.171.124¶
Version 126.96.36.199 is a 4.12 non-LTS release adding multiple features for those who want to access a fresh CloudStack prior to our next LTS. 188.8.131.52 combines 12 months of work and adds +200 commits, with multiple new features and fixes.
Some of the changes are presented in this quick summary (this is not a complete list):
- Drop support for Ubuntu 14.04
- Allow users of all types to create L2 networks
- keystore: don’t restart systemvm cloud.service post cert
- Add back ability to disable backup of snapshot to secondary
- API: add command to list management servers
- UI: Fix “Migrate instance to another host” popup modal
- UI: Fix issue with verification of ipv4/ipv6 address.
- UI: Fix UI bug: Create Network Offering Popup has no fields
- UI: Update jquery and related libraries
- network: Offerings do not have to have Security Grouping enabled
- Vmware offline migration
- IP address acquired with associate ip address is marked as source nat
- ipv6: allow Secondary IPv6 addresses to be EUI-64
- ipv6: Send userdata to Virtual Router if IPv6 is enabled
- ipv6: Calculate IPv6 address instead of fetching one from a pool
- ipv6: Advanced Networking Security Groups are supported
- ipv6: Allow specification of IPv6 details when creating Basic network
- Enable remote debugging for the management server, usage server, and KVM agent
- Security Group: add secondary ips to the correct ipset based on ip family (4.11)
- Security Group: add secondary ips to the correct ipset
- XenServer: fix Security Groups ‘vmops’ script
- XenServer: Support online storage migration from non-managed to managed storage
- KVM: Security Group enhancements and refactor old code
- KVM: Properly report available memory to Management Server
- KVM: Add influxdb to statscollector
- KVM: add libvirt / qemu IO bursting
- KVM: Refactory VXLAN script and add IPv6 support
- KVM: Set amount of queues for Virtio SCSI driver to vCPU of Instance
- KVM: Use ‘ip route show default 0.0.0.0/0’ to find the default gateway
- KVM: Add KVM Guest OS mapping for Windows Server 2019
- KVM: Enable DPDK support on KVM
- KVM: Allow KVM VM live migration with ROOT volume on file storage type
- Prevent corner case for infinite PrepareForMaintenance
- Enhance bypass vlan overlap check
- Improved support for Java 8 for building artifacts/modules, packaging, and in
- Destroy VM also removes volumes
- Users are able to change/edit the protocol of an ACL rule
- allows to remove local primary storage
- Support requesting a specific IPv4 address in Basic Networking during Instance creation
- Adding zone disablement during deletion of the range
- Display mac address in nic detail view
- Cleanup methods, classes, and POMs
What’s New in 184.108.40.206¶
The new 220.127.116.11 version is a 4.11 maintainance release containing over 70 fixes and improvements on the 18.104.22.168 release.
What’s New in 22.214.171.124¶
The new 126.96.36.199 version is a 4.11 maintainance release containing over 140 fixes and improvements on the 188.8.131.52 release.
These include the speeding up of virtual router deployments and fixes for corner cases effecting the new config drive and L2 features and some hypervisor specific fixes to improve compatibility with current hypervisor versions including the XCP-ng fork of XenServer.
What’s New in 184.108.40.206¶
Version 220.127.116.11 included more than 400 commits, 220 pull requests that fixes more than 250 issues since the last release. Version 18.104.22.168 was a large release that was worked on for 8 months.
A LOT changed in this release, so this is not a complete list, but here is a quick summary of some of the changes:
- Support for XenServer 7.1, 7.2, 7.3 and 7.4, and support for XCP-ng 7.4.
- Improved support for VMware 6.5.
- Host-HA framework and HA-provider for KVM hosts with and NFS as primary storage, and a new background polling task manager.
- Secure agents communication: new certificate authority framework and a default built-in root CA provider.
- New network type - L2.
- CloudStack metrics exporter for Prometheus.
- Cloudian Hyperstore connector for CloudStack.
- Annotation feature for CloudStack entities such as hosts.
- Separation of volume snapshot creation on primary storage and backing operation on secondary storage.
- Limit admin access from specified CIDRs.
- Expansion of Management IP Range.
- Dedication of public IPs to SSVM and CPVM.
- Support for separate subnet for SSVM and CPVM.
- Bypass secondary storage template copy/transfer for KVM.
- Support for multi-disk OVA template for VMware.
- Storage overprovisioning for local storage.
- LDAP mapping with domain scope, and mapping of LDAP group to an account.
- Move user across accounts.
- Managed storage enhancements.
- Extend config drive support for user data, metadata, and password (Nuage Networks).
- Extra DHCP options support (Nuage Networks).
- Nuage VSP 5.0 support and caching of NuageVsp ID’s.
- Nuage domain template selection per VPC and support for network migration.
- Support for watchdog timer to KVM Instances.
- Support for Secondary IPv6 Addresses and Subnets.
- IPv6 Prefix Delegation support in basic networking.
- Ability to specific MAC address while deploying VM or adding a NIC to a VM.
- VMware dvSwitch security policies configuration in network offering
- Allow more than 7 NICs to be added to a VMware VM.
- Network rate usage for guest offering for VRs.
- Usage metrics for VM snapshot on primary storage.
- Enable Netscaler inline mode.
- NCC integration in CloudStack.
- The retirement of the Midonet network plugin.
- Several UI Improvements.
- Embedded Jetty and improved CloudStack management server configuration.
- Improved support for Java 8 for building artifacts/modules, packaging, and in the systemvm template.
- A faster console proxy startup and service availability.
- A new Debian 9 based smaller systemvm template that patches systemvm without requiring reboot.
- Several optimizations and improvements to the virtual router including better support for redundant virtual routers and strongswan provided s2s and remote access vpn.