Need some help getting started? Feel free to ask on the mailing list:
- users@: This
list is for users of CloudStack to seek and provide support. This is a
moderately high volume list.
- dev@: Where
discussions about development and the project itself happen. This is a high
Or on one of the following IRC channels on irc.freenode.net:
- #cloudstack - General Apache CloudStack conversation and end user support
- #cloudstack-dev - Development discussions
- #cloudstack-meeting - Weekly and ad-hoc meeting room for the Apache CloudStack community
The following guides are available:
- CloudStack Installation Guide - Covers initial installation of CloudStack. It aims to cover in full detail all the
steps and requirements to obtain a functioning cloud deployment.
At times, this guide mentions additional topics in the context of installation tasks, but does not
give full details on every topic. Additional details on many of these topics can be found in the
Administration Guide. For example, security groups, firewall and load balancing
rules, IP address allocation, and virtual routers are covered in more detail in the Administration
- CloudStack Administrator’s Guide - Discusses how to set up services for the end users of your cloud. Also
covers ongoing runtime management and maintenance. This guide discusses topics like domains,
accounts, service offerings, projects, guest networks, administrator alerts, virtual machines, storage,
and measuring resource usage.
- Developer’s Guide - How to use the API to interact with CloudStack programmatically. Includes
links to the complete API Reference.
- CloudStack Apidocs - API documentation reference.
- Release Notes - release specific documentation, including upgrade
instructions from prior releases, new features added to CloudStack, API changes, and fixed issues.
Some companies offer commercial support for Apache CloudStack or their own
product based on CloudStack.