What’s New in 4.9
Version 4.9.0 includes 180 pull requests and fixes more than 75 bugs from the previous releases.
Due to some changes in the community, we had an extended period of time
without a release manager. Because of this the 4.9.0 release is much larger
than usual and had a duration of about 6 months.
Going forward we should have more consistent releases again.
A LOT changed in this release, so this is not a complete list, but here is a
quick summary of some of the changes.
- Fixes to ACLs, S2S VPN, Private Gateways, Redundant VRs and other optimizations
- Nuage VSP SDN Plugin got a lot of improvements and some new features
- MySQL connector changed
- DB optimizations and improvements
- Enabled fast snapshots for managed storage using XenServer
- Fixes for some RBD issues
- Fixes multiple Swift object store issues
- Improved VMware disk implementation
- Added user defined roles
- Added configurable root volume size for KVM
- Lots of localization improvements
- Added CentOS 6.x guest OS mappings for VMware
- Added Out-of-band power management for hosts (EG: IPMI, iLO, DRAC, etc.)
- Use non-blocking SSL handshake in NioConnection/Link
- Added memory utilization to
- Multiple fixes related to usage
When building Apache CloudStack with
noredist, it now require the file
deps/vim25_60.jar available from vSphere SDK 6.0,